Monday, October 17, 2011

The Search for Fat

It was time to put in a new infusion site this morning. I searched, groggily, for fresh torso that I could sink it into but found I was somewhat lacking in usable fat. Every really juicy part of my stomach still has those red marks from sites past. I couldn't find a spot on my back that was assuredly cushioned enough. My butt has been too unpredictable and I've never explored thigh sites or other parts of my body.

So I did find a clean spot on my stomach, and it had a bit of fat, so I went ahead to use that. Did all I could to loosen up before releasing the needle, pushed the button, and POW: It hit me like a metallic fist of fury. It was one of those insertions that makes you want to puke in response. Luckily, it passed quickly and settled into something closer to the typical dull pain that the first few hours of a new site means. But, OW!

Luckily, it seems to be working. Been in for about two hours now and my blood sugar's 82.

People often look at me like I'm crazy when wishing to be fatter. I don't want a beer belly or anything like that, but it's incidents like today's that makes me wish I had a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment